WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Bandai Namco Entertainment published this action-adventure video game developed by Omega Force for Microsoft Windows, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. The One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 is a sequel of the previous release (One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3) in 2015. This action and the adventure-filled video game was released on March 27, 2020, and ever since its release, questions have been asked about how “worthy” this game is for purchase.
The game follows the same concepts of “Musou.” Musou means the automated, cinematic attack sequences that usually give character invisibility for the duration of that sequence. The Musou is activated on default by pressing the “Circle” symbol on your PS4 controllers.
For this game, the Musou attacks are called “Special attacks.” You’d always see the Misou gauge underneath a character’s health bar in the top left corner of the User Interface. When you press the “Circle” symbol on your PS4, you would see a white flash. The white lightning inflicts a non-damaging hit sun around the character. Holding down that same symbol allows the character to stay invisible until they can unleash the attack.
Now, let’s check out vital factors to look out for in this action and adventure-filled game.
This game has similar gameplay to its previous version, but there’s a new feature. The new feature (Titan mode) included in this version gives the characters an ability to double up in size; this usually forces the other player to change his/her strategy. Another great thing about this game is that it has a unique story and also features multiplayer modes.
Here, we’d check out the game’s modes and storylines.
- MODES: The game primarily has three modes, and they are; the Free Log, Treasure Log, and the Dramatic Log. The Free Log deals with free roam in the main story areas. All of these modes allow players to play through different missions and earn amazing rewards.
The Free log mode offers players the opportunity to work through various tasks. It also allows you to replay those missions but with just one of the forty characters. For the Treasure Log, the player would find himself in different scenes, which will require him/her to show off some skills. These modes help you explore the entire cast at your leisure.
The best part of the story comes at the climax of the arc, just like the show itself. It was terrific to see tear-jerking moments, like Usopp’s apology to the crew and the death of Ace. The game’s emotional and dramatic moments were all shown as cutscenes; this helps you feel even more engrossed in it. Although they had little flaws, overall, they’ve done a perfect job writing the storylines.
- COMBAT: There’s pretty much nothing unusual in this area. All you need to do is button-mash your way to winning. When it comes to fighting the bosses, you would have to pay close attention to their moves, dodge their attacks, and use your amour well. That’s pretty much cool and realistic as we all know that it’s logical to meet stricter challenges as you progress in the game; it makes the game so much more fun to play. The fantastic thing is that with just two or more moves, Luffy (character) could attack lots of enemies and fling them all into the air.
Each character in this game was well animated. You’d know this when you study every regular or special attack; you’d see that there are no distortions I graphics fidelity or animation. The characters have unique growth maps and a suite of moves activated by a combination of button presses. This game has about 43 playable characters, with nine characters planned to be added as future DLC.
A couple of the characters in this game are Monkey D. Luffy, Roronoa Zoro, Usopp, Sanji, Nami, Tony Tony Chopper, Nico Robin, Franky, Brook, Buggy, Mihawk, Smoker, Tashigi, Crocodile, Portgas D. Ace, Blackbeard, Boa Hancock, Ivankov, Jimbrei, Kizaru, Kuzan, Akainu, Whitebeard, Marco, Doflamingo, Fujitora, Trafalgar Law, Sabo, Shanks, Rob Lucci, Bartolomeo, Cavendish, Charlotte Katakuri, Carrot, and so much more.
IS ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 4 WORTH YOUR MONEY?
OVERALL EXPERIENCE: The whole experience playing this game is 90% extraordinary. From where I stand, that’s a good percentage. Although, the question remains, “why doesn’t it add up to 100%”. Asides the fact that nothing ever reaches 100%, there are very few times you can experience distortions in your graphics fidelity. Fortunately, that hardly happens, and so it never stops the fun.
PRICES: The prices of the products vary depending on where you want to enjoy the experience. You can decide to play on your PC, Xbox One, PS4, or Nintendo Switch.
Below are the different prices of the game available on either of the listed platforms.
|3.||NINTENDO SWITCH||Check Price|
|4.||XBOX ONE||Check Price|
- Amazing gaming experience
- Excellent modes (including multiplayer)
- Great background music
- Better characters than the previous version
- Great list of Treasure Log episodes, better than the map of Dream Log.
- There are no character levels
- For the Nintendo Switch version, it takes a while to load.
- The camera doesn’t keep track of the target well.
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 has proven to give an excellent gaming experience. Although it has certain flaws, the overall experience is top-notch quality. The presence of over 40 characters, unique modes, and storylines have ensured anyone behind the screens keeps wanting more. There have been certain levels of improvement compared to the previous versions. Looking deep into all these factors, it doesn’t seem like a bad idea to get one. So yes, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 is worth your money.