WHICH SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Video games have existed for as long as the 50s; this was the period when computer scientists started to build up simple games and simulations just for fun. Later in the 60s, the 3D tic-tac-toe came into play, and everyone wanted a taste of those games on their IBM 1560. The transformation started when arcade games and gaming consoles came to the limelight. Now, in this Century, we are blessed with amazing games like Final Fantasy, NBA 2K10, Resident Evil, Half-Life, FIFA, and PES for the soccer lovers, and so much more.
PC games, otherwise referred to as computer games are a kind of interactive multimedia meant for entertainment and relaxation. Some of the PC game genres are racing games, strategy games, simulation games, role-playing games, puzzle games, adventure games, and of course, first-person shooter games.
The Xbox One game, however, was developed by Microsoft; it is an eighth-generation video game initially released in North America, Europe, Australia, and South America. The Xbox One mainly competes against the Play Station 4 and its likes. It has premium controllers with a top-class curved design. Standard Xbox games include Grand Theft Auto V, Forza Horizon 4, DOOM Eternal, Star Wars, and others.
The PS4, short for Play Station 4, is similar to the Xbox. Just like the Xbox, Play Station 4 comes with exquisite controllers for gaming. The PS4 is an eight-generation home video gaming console created by Sony Interactive. Games available on the PS4 are; Marvel’s Spider-Man, Call of Duty: Modern War, Red Dead Redemption, Resident Evil, and so much more.
After all that discussed, let’s go straight deep into PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Quick Suggestions to Readers:
Best on a budget: PS4
Most compactible: PC
Best overall: PS4
PC (PERSONAL COMPUTERS)
Not all PCs can be used for gaming. PCs are of different specifications; there are ones that are strictly meant for educational purposes and some, business purposes. Why can’t all PCs be used for gaming? The truth is each personal computer has precise specifications. If the specification of your PC doesn’t meet the requirements, then don’t bother trying.
The appropriate PCs for gaming are required to have an ample RAM space, at least 8GB, and also great storage. Most importantly, good graphics cards. However, people go on quests to build their own “ideal” gaming computer. It’s not a bad idea, especially now that we have lots of online resources on how to do so.
Playing games on your PC is nothing less than an excellent experience. You get exposed to a lot of awesome features like high graphics fidelity, esports, and the mind-blowing multiplayer experiences.
However, PC gaming is relatively expensive compared to console gaming. On a medium scale, you’d get a new PC for gaming for about $700 apart from other vital accessories. This fact alone makes me strike PC gaming off the list of favorable gaming choices.
The Xbox One runs on three OS: it runs on the Xbox One system, a Windows 8 kernel, and an operating made by Microsoft to act as a glue between the two major operating systems
The Xbox One is great for console gaming; it has cool features like a voice recognition software that helps power the console. The Xbox One console comes with just one controller, Kinect camera, HDMI cable, power cable, and also the power brick.
Most Gamers often purchase nearly call Xbox one titles digitally on the dates of release. The Xbox One can interface with any external hard drive to boost its internal storage.
PLAY STATION 4
The PS4 is a great console, capable of producing 4K resolution games. The PS4 comes with exclusives that are much bigger than those of the Xbox. There are several amazing things to try out on your PS4. The PS4 enables you to type faster thanks to its motion control feature. You can also stream PS4 games to your Mac or PC and even manage friends by the PS messenger app.
The PS4 has a large number of games available. With the streaming feature, you can buy games once and later play them even when you aren’t right in front of you PS4.
The PlayStation 4 and the Xbox have changed into amazing machines equipped for both streaming your favorite shows and playing amazing games, yet the contrasts between them are inconspicuous.
- PRICE: The price is a significant factor to consider when trying to make a viable choice. PC gaming is quite expensive compared to that of the Xbox One and the PS4; the PS4 is just a little lower in price than the Xbox One.
- GAMES: The PS4 has set high standards in terms of its available games. Games like Marvel’s Spider-Man, God of War, The Last of Us has made the PS4 a proven gold standard console. Compared to the Xbox and PC games, the PS4 gives exclusive offerings, which includes (but not limited to) some of the highest-rating AAA titles of this time.
- COMPATIBILITY: PC games have lots of issues when it comes to compatibility. The compatibility of your PC games depends on the hardware; sometimes, computers with reliable hardware specifications end up displaying certain games poorly. One major thing to also consider when dealing with PCs is their backward compatibility; on PCs, you can run any game you want, sometimes you can even tweak the games that initially don’t run and get them to run.
For the Xbox and the PS4, it is quite tricky when it comes to running some games through the backdoor. As of this moment, you wouldn’t find it too easy to play a current-generation game on the next-generation console.
- PERFORMANCE: The PS4 has excellent performance, especially when it comes to the resolution. Many games run at about 30 to 60 frames per second without any issues. The Xbox One also does an outstanding job in the area of performance; many of the Xbox games run at 4k resolution and 60 frames per second. PCs also relatively do an excellent job in areas of its performance; once your laptop has high hardware specifications, you can be sure to get one of the best gaming experiences.
- ACQUISITION: It can be very challenging to choose the best that works for you. For PCs, it’s just a piece of cake to get the games you need. There are so many ways to do so; you can decide to download games from actual game disks online. This is not the case for the Xbox One and the PS4; the only ways you can get the games are either by buying them from the console network or buying them from trusted retail outlets.
The PS4 is the best in most factors and methods of comparison. It’s much more affordable than the PC games and a lot more fun that the Xbox One. You can comfortably play your PS4 games on your televisions, thanks to their compatibility. The general performance of a PS4 is awe-inspiring compared to that of the Xbox One or the PC. With a PS4, you don’t need to check the specs, all you have to do is purchase one and start your gaming experience.